Trying to teach my daughter how to do her own laundry ended up with me calling a company who does major appliance repair in Sacramento. My daughter recently reached the age where we decided it would be a good idea for her to start taking on greater responsibilities around the house. This included having her do her own laundry. I work a full time job as does my husband and we simply don’t have the time or energy to wash her clothes when she’s old enough to do it herself. It’s time she started learning how to be independent as well.
So I ran through the instructions on how to use the washer and dryer, how much soap to put in, how to sort your clothes to wash, and other stuff she needed to know. She did a pretty good job with most of it, but unfortunately she overloaded the washer to the point where it burned out the motor. We learned this the hard way when we heard a strange noise and noticed some smoke coming out of the laundry room. She had packed so many clothes in the machine that the motor burned out. She could’ve burned the house down!
My husband took one look inside the machine and immediately asked me to call someone as the repair was beyond his knowledge. I found a company online who fixed all sorts of major appliances and had them send someone over to look at the washer. I was hoping we wouldn’t have to replace it as I needed to wash my work clothes and didn’t want to go to a laundromat. Fortunately the repair guy was able to simply replace the motor with a new one and he did it quickly and at low cost. I’ll be sure to call this company again with any other repairs we need.